Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Do Hard Things

An entire month went by without a single piece added to my blog. So, what kept me too occupied to blog? I was practicing the piano. Yup. (You can get a peek into one of my practice sessions here.) I wanted to get in as much practicing as I could before my teaching schedule goes back into full swing at the university. And with all the hours of practicing, I finished memorizing my 235 backwards sections! It wasn't easy. At the end of each day, my mind was as sharp as mush, my hands were strong like Jello, and my SI joints were as cushy as knives. It was hard. And it was worth every minute.

I am able to do what I do because I don't let hard stop me. I just keep going, doing what I know needs to be done to achieve my goal. Even when I'm discouraged. Even when I'm struggling. Even when I feel like I hit a wall. Even when it's not the most exciting thing going on (or when it's more exciting than I prefer). Even when lupus adds limitations that make my impossible seem ridiculous. I would rather live a life that is hard than not truly live at all.

Do what it takes. Even if it's hard. Even if you have to go slow. Even if you get discouraged along the way. Even if the end seems so far...because this is the road that leads to great things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment